Saturday, February 9, 2008

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Over the past while, I've taken a liking to childrens books. Particularly Mr. Men books. But thanks to my good friend and roommate Jessie, I've discovered one of my favorites yet... Too Many Daves. This book is about a woman with 23 sons who she all named Dave. But the adventure doesn't end there!! Mrs. McCave proceeds to list all the names she would have bequeathed upon her 23 sons if she was thinking more clearly (because when baby #16 popped out she obviously wasn't). Some of the names included in said book are, Biffalo Buff, Soggy Muff, Weepy Weed, Paris Garters, Marvin O'Gravel Balloon Face, and one of my all time favorites, Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate.

I'm not entirely sure why I find so much fullfillment out said book. One reason could be because I enjoy silly names and this book is full of them. 23 to be exact. Or it could be the fact that this book is only 3 pages long.

No matter the reason, this book finds a place in my heart, and I have concluded Dr. Suess and I would have gotten along great. Additionally, I have decided that my blog needs a real name. A strong name, a noble name. Thus we have the re-birth of this blog as I bestow upon Him (my blog is now a he) the name of Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate. Thank you Dr. Seuss.

Amen.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Yeah!!! I made it onto your blog! I'm famous! I like this post, it makes me laugh. Also, where are you, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Ok, well bye Shmali

Tyler said...

Psssst! May I add a link to your blog? Seeing as we are both budding bloggers, we should stick together...

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it