Thursday, February 21, 2008

Booty Shakin' Grandma and a Steel Guitar

Recently my grandma has been in and out of the hospital for various reasons but she is doing much better now, thankfully. But amidst all these sicknesses, surgeries and hospital stays, she has lost a whopping 37 lbs. Yeah, that's a lot!! She looks good, and she says she feels good too. Yesterday I went home and visited her and Donald for a little while and the very first thing my grandma did when she saw me was lifted up her shirt enough so I could see her very own and brand new jeans with pockets! In all my grandmothers pant wearing years, she has never owned a pair that had actually pockets! She put her hands in front pockets and said "See, I have pockets like you!" and then she turned around and shook her bottom. Tee Hee! It was the cutest thing I've seen in a while.

I don't know if her new found youth has come from losing so much weight, or from recently getting re-married (at age 80!) but I like it!

Here's some pictures for ya


Yes, that would be my 80 year old grandma doing a booty dance. She makes me happy :)

The next adventure at grandmas house was listening to Donald play the steel guitar. I asked him to play a song because I've heard so much about it. 5 songs later he took a bow. He really is good, though! I was impressed with his ability to play all these old westerns without looking at music. My grandma just sits back and quitely sings along.

Donald, jamming away on the steel guitar.

I didn't know what a steel guitar looked like till yesterday, so here it is folks!

2 comments:

Cali said...

Ha ha, grandma is so cute. She has told everyone about her new levi's. (With POCKETS!!)

Anonymous said...

Schmexy Grandma!!