Friday, June 6, 2008

Pull over! No, it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing!

For anyone who bothers reading this thing, I'm going to tell you about my not so adventurous adventure today...ready??

So there we were, driving along, discussing whether or not Play Station should be considered "recreational" when the large purple mini van starts beeping. The temperature light was on. Holy crap, the thermometer is all the way up to hot!!

"What should we do, Brent!?"

"Pull over?"

Brents a genius. I would have pulled over too - in a second - when I stopped panicking.

Usually, as the routine goes, I start out my shift by driving down south, or up north to pick up the boys from school. Since school is out, I pick them up at their house. I had already gotten Brent, and with just 2 more kids to go (until this moment), I was smooth sailing.

Someone was watching out for me, because my dear friend, Skinny, just happened to live a couple blocks down from where the van started smoking. Since I was no where near the Provo office and the other guy on shift wasn't answering his phone, I decided to try my luck at catching him home.

I think he may have been a little creeped out when I asked him to come out side in a panicky voice. But he did anyway. We told him what's up and since he must not know an aweful lot about locomotives he asked his dad what to do.

Put water in the coolant place (radiator?). Yeah, just put water in it (since we didn't have any antifreeze).

I couldn't help but remember the story my friend Sydney's dad told me. There were a couple sisters in his mission that ran out of gas, but had to be at an appointment asap. So what did they do? They put water in the gas tank. Then prayed that it would work. Guess what happened?

It ruined the car.

So there I watched Skinny pour 3 pitcherfulls of water in the coolant place. Guess what happened?

It started! All cooled down and everything. We didnt' even blow up. I guess it makes more sense than water in the gas tank, but I'll admit that I was a bit skeptical.

Done deal, right? Until I get up to Orem, to pick up a girl from work. Death to van, again. We happened to be right next to a Midas, and because boy on shift still wasn't answering his phone, I went in and told the dude what was up. He concluded there is a leak in the tank. Meh, not my problem (it is a company van). I finally got a hold of someone and they picked us up.

That's it. Kind of anti-climactic, really. But it was my adventure for the day (so far).

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Tis more adventurous than my day!

KILLER BOOTS, MAN!!!

...That is the best part of that whole Dumb and Dumber scene.

Jess Gonzales said...

ha ha i like how you tell stories al

Anonymous said...

I like Liar Liar when he's in the elevator and says "it was meee". You're ok Al. Never change babe, never change.

Jessie said...

haha that's funny. Be carf ok?

Jenn said...

Thanks Ali you're great. It's sure great to have supportive friends like you! I would say good luck with your car but it's not yours, so yay for you instead that you don't have to deal with that!