Thursday, June 19, 2008

patience is a virtue

For a lot of people, late at night is when their brains shut off. No more thinking. For Jessie (my roommate) and me, it's when we seem to think of the most elegant and worthwhile thoughts. Take last night, for example. Both of us discussed the fact that we had prickly legs. No, big deal, right? Wrong...(at least I think). We both expressed the sincerely concerning matter that one day we're going to (possibly) be married and no guy is going to want to cozy up to Mrs. Prickle. That means we're going to have to shave EVERY DAY! If that wasn't bad enough, Jessie affirmed that she gets 5 O-clock shadow. To combat this, it would incorporate mutiple shavings a day. No woman does that, we thought (or more we feared), becuase shaving everyday would really put a damper on it.

After much deliberation, we concluded that men must like it (oh the innocence of our minds!). Just like girls like the scruff on men's faces even though - like a leg - it's nice to smooth up to the soft delicate skin of a freshly shaved face, there is still enjoyment in a mans - or womans - scruffiness.

Are we right, or are we right?

On another note, I think my call has lost its self. What if someone yoinked it!! What if they thought, hmmm, this looks....like a mission call! I can't see why anyone would want it. My dad has his own thoughts of what happened to it. Bishop said it was sent on the 13th, and it's not here. After I recovered from the anxiety attack of not receiving it yesterday, I was comforted by the many words of "Thursday mission call" stories. Plenty of calls have been sent on Thrusdays. Alright, I can wait one more day, I thought. But my mother has connections with the post office and when she called this morning, there was nothing to be found that had my name on it. I think the Lord is trying out this whole patience thing on me. It's kicking my butt!

One more note... Happy birthday, self.

8 comments:

Jessie said...

hahahahaa! now the world knows the secret of our late-night talks... but you didn't mention the celeb-stalking... why not? ;) also I don't think your call is lost, I think it's just s slow poke. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey, just grow your hairs out so they're long and soft, like a nice leg beard. that way you can compare with your husbands and have competition. oh yeah. the call. sorry! you'll get it one day. I promise.

Kirsten said...

My plan to combat prickly legs.... marry a rich man and get laser hair removal! Its going to work. And if my man can't afford my hair removal, then its his problem..not mine! haha. okay, maybe that won't work, but i'll try! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR! I'm leaving to go to vegas this weekend but i want to come over and say hi on sunday night. will you be around??

Jess Gonzales said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I did always enjoy hearing the stories of the two of you's lates night talks! I think it is just that you both are crazy all day no matter the time! I miss being in some of these talks. but i forget to shave and mike says nothing... i don't think he minds that much. Thing is this summer i have shaved those legs more than i ever have... ever! jk

Anonymous said...

Hint... if your significant other had smooth soft hairless legs, he would be able to feel your prickly legs. If his are hairy (like men's legs should be), then he won't feel it... Am I right???

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected it to be. You'll get some nice sturdy walking (old lady) shoes soon, I promise.

Nat said...

I am so excited that you are waiting for your call!!! (your cousin Nat, thats me) Waiting does suck...but good things come to those who waits! As a wise black fellow once said "hey shorty it's your birfday, you gonna party like it's your birfday" :)

Eric said...

Happy Birthday! I want you to know what happened to my mission call, it came 2 weeks later than I expected it which was actually a blessing because my mom was in a plane crash the day before it was SUPPOSED to get here. My stake president "Forgot" to send it in. Lucky because my mom didn't come back for 2 weeks. maybe something like that happened to you. If they have sent it then you could always call the Mission Call Distribution Services. They'll know what yo do. Or maybe you'll have a surprise birthday present sometime today!!! Hope you hear from you soon about you going to Pusan South Korea!
Love
Erico

Kylee said...

AAALlliiissoonnn
Happy birthday stinker.
You play at my house soon or we go eat food, yes?
Something for your birthday and the fact that you are disappearing from me for a long while in such short time. Know what I mean?
Text me and Jenayyy and we will go!
Serious.
Serious serious.
Ready, go!

And the whole hair issue, when you first get married, it is important to be in ship shape, BUT when you are a mother, the wooley mammoth stage is actually the norm.