Monday, April 19, 2010

My last letter!!

Okay, ….. I am just gonna tell ya that I think this may be the last time that I am going to write before I come home because next week I am going back to a couple of areas to visit some people before I leave. We can do that our last p-day and we will be traveling a lot, and I don`t know if we are going to get time to write much, but I will at least check my email. Juuust so you know :) I am especially excited to see Pablito and Karina. Hna. Olson told me that Pablito had to give his testimony in a baptism and was SOOOO nervous but carries around a little note I sent him a few weeks ago and had it in hand when he gave his testimony so as to give him courage. It was so cute!

Well, if you didn`t know, it`s COLD here. Actually at this very moment, it`s not that cold, but in the mornings and evenings and nights its cold. Winter is definitely knockin on the door.

This week we did divisions… I went to Baquedano (another part in Rancagua) with Hna. Pinto. We lived together in Graneros when we shared sectors and we always talked about how we wanted to be companions, but it never happened…. So we were THRILLED to be together for one day! I felt like we were walking on the clouds all day long :) We had an awesome lesson with the cutest young couple who are truly looking for the truth. We shared the message of the restoration and we talked and answered questions and testified and the spirit was very strong. They kept saying how the message just made sense, but more than that, they FELT that it was right. The dad, Juan, said that with all the different religions that he had shared with, he had never FELT like he did when he heard the message. It was awesome. I loved that moment. I love moments like that when you can feel the spirit testify of the truthfulness. I don`t know if I recognized that feeling before, but I definitely can`t deny the feeling now. Though today we had a sisters lunch for all the sisters here in the Rancagua area and I had to say goodbye to a few of my old latin companions/friends like Hna Pinto and Hna Bonilla and it was pretty heart breaking.

Though some more good news is that we are teaching a single Jovencita named Malu that is actually about a year older than us that has a little boy. Her friend is a less active returning to the church joven named Diego and last week he just showed up with Malu and she wanted to learn more. She is wonderful and is preparing to be baptized for the 2nd of Mayo. I love teaching her because she really wants to learn and we just seem to connect well :)

Patricio was confirmed yesterday and he seems so happy. He got sick this last week because the water was cold when he got baptized :P oops. But he is doing well.

Does anyone know if they sell mate yerbas en the US??

AND THE COOLEST NEWS FOR TODAY….. We just now got a phone call from the Hna. Cabezas (the Colombian Hermana that is helping us with Jairo and Monica) and told us that she went with them to the registro civil and found out that they can legally get married here in Chile with just their passports (that was the doubt) and that they have decided that they want to get married!!! They are still not exactly sure how much time they have to wait before they can get married, but there is a great chance that they will do it before we leave and be baptized too (at least Monica…. Jairo is having a hard time leaving behind a few vices…) But I am so excited for them!!!! Yesterday we had a FHE again with them and with the Cabezas and I felt so at home and with so much love for Monica and Jairo and for the Cabezas. I am very happy that the work is progressing. I even made no bake cookies with REAL peanut butter and they were a big hit.

I haven`t felt any temblores this week. I kind of miss them.

Bueno, I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you so much for writing me! I love you so much!

Hna. Jones

2 comments:

Kristin said...

ALISON OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH YOU ARE COMING HOME!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna lose it! :) yay for you! and your lovely mother for keeping us posted. I can hardly wait! yay! I love you. lots. and I am so excited to see you!

Rory said...

Treat it like it's your first week! You wont' regret it. You've done well young padawan.