Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Johana

These past couple of weeks we´ve been teaching a girl named Johana. She is 16 years old and gradually lost her hearing due to a tumor, but can read lips. When we met her she was sad and angry and didn´t believe that God was there or loved her. Just this week she´s made a compete turn around. Her countanace has completely changed and says that she has been praying and reading the book of mormon and felt an answer to her prayers that the BofM is true and that God loves her. She couldn´t stop smiling, It was incredible. She said she wanted to be baptized. I was so content and happy for her, but yesterday when we went back her mom, who is an inactive member for probably 20 years told us that she wont give us permission to baptise her because she thinks her baptism was a mistake because shortly after she was baptized and stopped going to church a bunch of bad stuff happened to her. It was devastating. Hna. Alv and I are pretty heart broken, but for Johanna. Though I think she´ll continue to pray and read. This week I´ve really thought about my testimony a lot, about what I´m doing here. If this church isn´t true, then what am I doing all the way down in Chile, right? I know it is, I feel it in my heart. I know Christ lives and that he loves us. I know we can find peace and direction and purpose through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh, there´s so much more I want to say and write about, but my time is up.

Letters are on the way!

Hna, Alison Jones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a powerful story!
Just wanted to know, did you get my letter? There was two inside an envelope. Hope so...I know you are busy so only write back if you can.

Peace out! Love, Kylee from U-Town.

Ryan and Brittny Orr said...

Hey Allison...this is Brittny from HS! i just found your blog and wanted to say hi!!