Monday, January 12, 2009

Take each day... poco un poco

Moms and Pops: That´s pretty cool you can see the city of Machalí from google maps! I totally forgot about that thing… It surprised me when dad emailed and said he could identify some of the streets because I walk some of those streets everyday! Especially Arturo Prat. The chapel is on that street. You should look up the street El Esfuerzo (I think that´s how it´s spelled) and I live in the villa Las Americas. Pasaje 6 to be exact. Though I´m not sure what number our little house is, I couldn´t find it on the house. Yes, Machalí is a bit more exclusive. It´s not at all city like Rancagua. I might say it´s about the size of Spanish Fork (but I could be totally off, I´m not good at that stuff) and it´s all residents. No big buildings or anything like Rancagua. A lot of the houses are tucked up in the base of the mountain like you noticed dad, which means somedays we do a lot of hill hiking. It´s pretty awes. Though, also pretty rough if it´s about 3 in the afternoon because it´s so HOT here. I sweat a lot. But I do have a nice tan… hehe.

Here´s some more answers to your inquires :) My p-days thus far have been a little messed up because of the recent holidays, so I only had one REAL p-day up until now. That´s why I haven´t written many letters (oops), Though we´ve had time to email and shop. There are only little food stores here in Machalí so, like today, we´re going into Rancagua to do our shopping. I haven´t had to buy rain gear yet. It doesn´t rain a drop in the summers, so I´ve got a few months until I have to worry about any of that. And no, Erik, haha, I haven´t seen any pink granny cookies here. I don´t think they sell them. Sad day, huh? I think I got all the q´s. It looks like you're having a good time at least with the Sundance thing, let me know if you meet any supa fly celbs, eh? Oh, my friend Chris asked if I´ve gotten any fake addresses yet. Of course. Maybe a few a week. It´s great.

I wanted to mention really quick about this family that we met. They have two little boys that are sooooo hilarious. One is 4 and one is 3. The first time we told them about prayer, my companion asked them if they would close their eyes during the prayer. The 4 year old, said ¨maybe one¨ and then proceeded to only close one eye during the prayer. And the 3 year old reminds me so much of Erik when he was little. He has those dark eyes and chubby face and even has that ¨ bed head¨ hair that sticks straight up. He has such a likeness. Though we are going back, I don´t think the mom is very interested in hearing about the gospel. They have their religion and are pretty closed. Most of the people here already have their religion, which is good! Really, anyone that seeks to know Christ through any religion is good, and are doing good things. Though it´s so hard for people to realize that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is here to bless their families and bring more happiness through living the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge of eternal families. We met some more people that commited to be baptized, though they never seem to be around the second, third, time that we go back. It´s hard to get people to church too, because a lot of the people are pretty poor and it costs money to transport. Though we met a couple of families this week that we are excited to go back to, and seem to have open hearts and a desire to learn more. I feel like I am talking a wee bit more in the lessons, though I´m not sure if I make any more sense…

Dad, I am doing my best to take a minute to look at where I´m at and enjoy the view, the smells, the tastes. It really is beautiful here. Like that John Denver song you mentioned in a couple emails prior…I look around and find myself in a dream… I can´t remember the words, I can´t pull up your email for some reason, but sometimes it feels like I´m in a dream, I can´t believe I´m here, I can´t believe I´m one of the Lords Missionaries. There´s so much more I have to learn to be a good teaching, loving missionary. Poco un poco. Little by little. I need to breathe more, and trust more. I know the Lord can use me as an instrument of showing people the way to happiness is through Jesus Christ. I know Heavenly Father loves all of his children, I know Jesus Christ lives. I know his gospel is on the earth!

I´m so grateful to be here, I love the gospel, I love you, my family and friends. I love you so dearly. I´m hoping today I can finish writing letters to you, family, but I don´t know if I can get them sent off this week, sorry…

Mom, at the moment, I can´t think of anything that I need. Thank you for everything!!

I love you.

No comments: