Monday, February 2, 2009

A Dog Came to Church

Hola!

How are things up there? You know, up ¨there¨… in the U to the S to the A??

Last week started out kind of rough, but it ended up super good after all! Hna, Alvarenga and I have thought a lot about how we could improve and have been trying to change a couple things in our teaching method and things have really looked up! We found new people and this time I´m serious, I KNOW they are going to progress, because they are actually progressing and following through with commitments. We promised to pick up an investigator for church yesterday because she lives pretty far and doesn´t have a car, so we had a member drive us. Thing is there was only room for 4 in the car. The member, us and Rita (is her name). When we pulled up to her house, we didn´t even have to get out of the car because she nearly came running out all dressed up ready to go… AND had a friend with her and her friend brought her two daughters!! We put one of the daughters on her lap, my comp sat on my lap and we put the other daughter in the trunk (things like that fly here). We were BEAMING. The whole ride down neither Hna. or I could wipe the grins off our faces. She really liked church and is reading and praying and always feels good when she does so and wants to be baptized. So church was good, people came. During the sacrament hymn a dog walked right in because the doors were open and just walked around for a while until he plopped himself down on the ground in about the 3rd pew back. It took a while to get him out. It was really funny… haha.

We found another lady named Nataly who has a hard time reading, my guess is she is dyslexic because she says that she gets the letters mixed up and she´s always had a hard time learning but we taught her about the Book of Mormon. When we went back to visit her, she was able to tell us everything she read and told us that for some reason she could understand the Book of Mormon. It was super cool and definitely a miracle. The only problem is, she is leaving on vacation this week for an entire month (people do that here, they´ll leave for a really long time to visit family), so we wont be able to teach her for a long time. I really hope she doesn´t forget, but I think she wont because she asked for more stuff to read. :) It was a testimony to me that when the Lord has a work to do, he will always provide a way to do it, he somehow helped her understand. I know the Book of Mormon is true, my testimony of it has grown so much.

I forgot to tell you, dad, we live on I guess the south end of the street… but guess what? I sent pictures today! So you´ll finally get some, I guess in about 10 days. Sorry it´s taken so long. And with those pictures is a letter from my Companion. She´s been wanting to send a letter to you since about the first week, though Geoff will have to translate it for ya. She´s funny though because I think she wants me to send her family a letter… I´m not sure why… Though I´ve really enjoyed being her companion. She has no fear and is super bold in sharing her testimony. She´s been a good example to me. AND she´s a total spaz. I can be my goofy self and do goofy stuff around her and sometimes she beats me in being a weirdo. So we have fun and laugh a lot. But we get some work done here and there too, don´t worry ;)

Flamly: I love you all so much. My heart is so full of love for you. It makes me so happy to know that you are happy and that you love each other. I know our savior lives and that he loves us. His redeeming power is real. I love him and I am so grateful to be a missionary. You know? It´s kind of exciting being a missionary, Yes, quite often it´s exhausting, frustrating, and awkward, buuuut when I really realize my purpose here, to invite people to Christ, and when we do that it makes everything worth it. I´m excited to learn more gospel and learn more Spanish so I can do this better. I still struggle… but I´m trying to be more brave in the lessons...

Yikes, time to go. Sorry Dad and Mom that Planty has given you troubles. I told him to behave himself, but you know how they (plants) can be at times. Just give him some space, and I´m sure he´ll shape up.

I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

Love, Me.

No comments: