Monday, January 19, 2009

These icky hormigas are EVERYWHERE!

It sounds like you´ve had quite the adventures with the sundance film festival! You should frame the cigarette butt and hang it on the wall right underneath frankie´s paw print… haha, jk. Really though that was super nice of the vet to do for frankie´s passing. There are dogs EVERYWHERE here in the streets. We started a contest to see who can snap a picture of the ugliest dog. It´s…fun… Though everynight at about 12 there´s a dog that barks and his bark sounds almost identical to frankie´s… it´s weird…But I´m glad Kola is enjoying the attention! Okay, enough about dogs…

This week has been interesting, we lost everyone of our baptismal dates. For various reasons, there´s always a reason. That was sad, but last week we´ve been praying and looking for and focusing on finding families. And guess what? We found some! One even came to church with us yesterday, it was great! We´re really excited about this and pray that they will have a desire to learn and progress. It´s weird the feeling I have when we´re teaching lessons. I want so badly to tell them, ¨it´s okay! You ARE a child of God, and you can find so much happiness through His son Jesus Christ!¨ And I do tell them, but for some reason sometimes they don´t always want to listen or let Christ into their life. I understand that by doing so, changes need to be made, but these changes are worth it. I wish people could understand this better. Or maybe they do understand, they´re just not ready right now.

Hmmm, My comp still gets a kick out of things I say, and then I do too when she tells me what I said.. BUT I figured out that this can be a two way thing… We taught my companion to say ¨I wet my pants¨ when she´s full. Tee hee…

Up until now I´ve done okay with the insects, but I´ve had it up to here (as far as I can reach) with these icky hormigas (ants) They are EVERYWHERE! One of the other companions that we live with thinks it´s funny the way I talk about them because she says I talk about thim like they´re a bad roommate or something. But really they are. No matter how well I clean the counter, I only have to turn around in 10 minutes and there they are, making a mess. They walk on everything like they own the place. And I´ve had one too many run ins with the spiders, I´m still not any braver with handling them.

Thanks for the emails. Thanks mom for the update on the fam damily. I nearly cried laughing reading about the ¨incident¨ with grandma. Haha. And thanks for your support, love and testimony. I love you all so much. I wrote letters today, hopefully we will be able to go to the post office to send em. Hopefully they will get there! I put Jesus stickers on the envelope, so it better. Did those directions work on google maps? I realized the name of the street is Manual Rodriguez, Psje. 6 …if that makes a difference. I forgot to mention last email to dad that he doesn´t need to worry because it´s a rule that we can´t go into a lesson alone with men, there has to be another person with us, that keep us safe there, and I´m being smart and safe, okay? You don´t need to worry. Tell Erik thanks for the birthday wish and Happy Hanukah.

I love the gospel, I love Christ, I love Chile, and I love you all so much!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

ohhh I miss you Alison!!!!