Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Next time I play M.A.S.H, I'm using John Mayer as my celebrity spouse

So I just realized that the last three blog entries start with "Last night..." I need to start talking about events as they happen, like the day of, or even leave a day in between. Or I need some creative way to open up a blog. I have stinky creativity.

But for real, last night was AMAZING!!! Oh, words cannot express the thrill I had at the John Mayer concert. So my mom works there, right? Pretty sure it's great to have connections in high places, or in this case, at the Usana Amphitheatre. We were lucky enough to get chair seats. They weren't the greatest, but they weren't the bad, either. However, my mom pulled some strings and got my friend and me up close and personal for a song or two. She could have had us up there longer, but we felt bad, some of the guards were a bit reluctant to let us stay so we decided we would let the people who paid for the good tickets enjoy the show without looking at the back of our heads.
During one of the songs, he came over on the side right where we were standing and played like a 5 minute guitar solo. I tell you what, WOW! We were so close I could see the glistening spit in his mouth when he opened it. And if you didn't know already, John can play one bad-A guitar. He's incredible, and so is his face. He's got to be one of the most attractive men in the entire planet (I sound like a thirteen year old). For real, I haven't seen too many famous people so close so I'll admit I was a bit star struck. I don't think my dead dog could have wiped the enormous grin from my face. I think John and I even made eye contact for .000021 seconds. Incredible.






*sigh*

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

i'm so jealous!!!! seriously. hey, is that the concert that Brett Dennen was at as well? I have multiple songs of his on my music play list, did you like him in person? I haven't heard much about him aside from my own personal obsession. as for john mayer.... *sigh*

Chris said...

But what if he was a garbageman, you lived in a shack, and you had 33 kids?

M.A.S.H. can be cruel.

Jess Gonzales said...

ahahahaha stinky creativity!!! That's hilarious! I'm glad you were thirteen again, now I must by you a poster so you can kiss him goodnight!

Cali said...

When you called me, I couldn't tell what song it was, but I could tell it was him. That is awesome I wish I could've gone with you.

Kylee said...

K so I just had a dream last night that I met John Mayer and fell in love with him and I was like, Alison was right, he IS handsome!"

But...he wouldn't even look at me.
Just kept playing his guitar and walking down the street.

...

It was never meant to be. :(

Aaron said...

That's awesome! I am jealous, John Mayer is pretty dang sweet.