Wednesday, July 30, 2008

=)

My favorite kid from the program is graduating on Friday. I know, we're not supposed to have favorites, but meh. This kid is pretty great. He had a hard life behind him, and will have an extremely challenging life ahead of him, but he has a good heart and is determined to make things work, so they will. We're all sad he's leaving, I think I might even cry at his graduation, but it's a good thing of course. But another client and I were trying to talk him into doing something dumb so he can stay in the program longer, but he wouldn't give in to peer pressure (smart kid).

So guess what? My Aunt told me a while ago that she wanted to make me a skirt or two for my mission. How nice is that? We met up at my grandmas to do some measuring and looking at patterns and it turns out she has plans to make a lot more for me than "a skirt or two." First of all, my aunt is an incredibly skilled seamstress so she could honestly make anything. Second of all, this is really REALLY nice of her to do. It takes a lot of time (and money for fabric) to sew things. I can remember clear back in Junior High when I was in sewing 1, AND 2. My specialty? Pajama Pants. I could make a bomb pair, and shared the wealth with about 6 of my friends by making them some for Christmas. But that was about as extensive as I got. And it does take some time, especially with all that pinning and cutting out of patterns (I hated that part!)

Long story short, my aunt insisted on making me anything my heart desired, and when I stopped desiring things, she would pick stuff out for me. I had to beg her to stop volunteering to make more stuff. She finally consented on stopping as long as I would think about her making more when I go to have everything fitted. This is what she is doing for me:

4(!) skirts
One vest
One (cute!) plaid Jacket
A rain coat
a sweater
and a jumper

I'm spoiled, I know. I am seriously so blessed to have her support and also the support of all the rest of my family and friends!! I love my family and am so grateful to be placed in this specific one and I know this church is true, amen. (it was starting to sound like a testimony)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennell is seriously so talented... and very generous. It's so nice of her to do that for you!

Anonymous said...

Can she make me a big frilly rain coat and a floppy sun hat? How about a big head wrap like an african. Maybe a hula skirt I could wear to church. A big fat stretchy belt too. Also the wedding dress with see-through sleeves like Jasmine's that I designed in my notepad in the third grade.

Ya, pretty much those are all the great things I would do if I was even talented in that way at all.

You are lucky girl!
When you get these wonderful items you better post pictures of you showing all of them off.

DO IT.