Tuesday, March 23, 2010

And one more.... makes three!!

Today there are transfers. I am sure you know what I was expecting... and it didn`t happen. In fact there are a whole load of things that Heavenly Father still wants me to learn with Hna. Motta, my last transfer in the mission. She actually leaves this transfer too so it only made sense that we would be changed. But instead, another sister came and we are going to be in a threesome. Our new companion is named Hna. Magalei from Orem Utah, but she is polonisian (how do you spell that?) she is very pretty, big, and she is HAPPY and bubbly and easy going. It will definitely be a challange being in a threesome, but she has already been an angel for me in these last 2 hours. It is definiely not what I pictured my last transfer in the mission to be like, buuuuut, when do things ever work out how we expect? This scriture is my goal: ¨let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God , and for his arm to be revealed.¨ D&C 123:17. So I am hoping for the best, willing to keep working my best and I know things will work out.

Jairo and Monica went to church again yesterday. I love them so much. Though Monica and Jairo understand that to be baptized, they need to get married. Well, Monica told us once that she is not very happy with Jairo and is thinking about breaking up with him...because she wants to get baptized so bad!! Though we`re cheering on the marriage because Jairo is such a good person too, I just hope they can make a decision where they both are happy.

We are also teaching a young woman named Javiera. She is a friend of a member and the girlfriend of another member. She is so sweet and has a beautiful cheezy smile. Though she has had a rough/rebellious past and is trying to stop smoking. Though she is making great progress! We can see a change in her countenance and the other day she took out her lip ring and hasn`t put it in since! Bacàn, huh?

So along with getting a new companion, this morning we moved out of the Wengreens apartment and upstairs with the other sisters. 2 of them left to live with other sisters in another area, but still close to their own area (I feel bad about kicking them out... but blame the earthquake for eating our home). Though we live with Hna. Jackson and Hna. Black. Remembe Hna. Black? She was my ¨daughter¨ in the mission... so that`s really nice to be back with her. My desk to study is right next to the window and I am going to like sitting with the window open catching the fall breeze and listening to the hustle of busy Rancagua below. I like our new location :) It is still quite far from our area, but we take taxis there and sometimes the elders take us in their car since we share an area. So that`s nice.

I lately am finding out a lot about how much the lord will strengethen people in their trials. I am so grateful that I am not on this journey alone.

So do you have your food storage updated and your emergency backpacks ready?

I love you,

Hna. AL

2 comments:

Rory said...

Give it all ya got! You can't do it again! Make it count!

Rory said...

I was referencing that you're almost done with your mission, in case I wasn't clear.