Monday, February 8, 2010

Transfer to Rancagua

Alrighty then... I have a lot to tell ya`lls...

I`ll start with the baptism of Carolina. It was beautiful! Her whole family went and it was very touching. Though with her baptism came a little drama. But only personal deep down drama.... Let`s flash back to my time in Graneros. Remember Sergio? The very special cute old man that wanted so desperately to get baptized, but couldn`t because he couldn`t get a divorce? Well, If you don`t remember it was really hard for him and for us too, but he continued working for his divorce. ...Now flash forward to last Wednesday at about 10:30pm. I get a call from the assistants to the president with good news. That things got all worked out and that Sergio was going to be bapized that Saturday. At 6:00pm. And I had permission to go back to my old area and be there for his baptism. I nearly died. Because the baptism of Carolina was going to be Saturday at the exact same hour, so I couldn`t go. I got all stressed out because I knew how much it would have meant for Sergio and Ilda for me to be there, AND I wanted to support them. Okay, I thought, We`ll just see if it`s possible to change the baptism of Carolina to Sunday So I could go to BOTH. Easy cakes, I thought. Hna. Olson and I prayed and crossed our fingers and prayed some more as we talked with the mom of Carolina. When we presented the new schedule, she simply said ¨No, It will be more comfortable for us to do it Saturday...you haven`t already changed it right?¨ What Carolina´s mom didn`t know was the ¨why¨ for the schedule change and I didn`t have the selfish heart to tell her that I want to change the baptism of her daughter so that I could to go another baptism. I am sure they would have felt bad and not important. So I didn`t say anything. Just ¨Okay. Saturday it is.¨ But inside I was shouting ¨No! But you don`t understand, it`s SERGIO, it`s GRANEROS!!¨ `But... in the end it all worked out well. The baptism was absolutely beautful and I am so grateful we could be a part of it. Though Hna. Black yes, went to the baptism of Sergio and since she lives with us she showed us the pretty pictures. He looked so happy! The sisters from Graneros baptized a little girl also at the same time and the person that baptized the little girl was LEONARDO!!! (The dad of the family that we baptized). Hna. Black said that everyone was asking for me and Yessica cried because she thought I was going to come. When Hna. Black told me this and when I saw Sergio and Leonardo in the pictures I started crying too. I don`t know why, really, in fact it was one of the most beautful things that has touched me in the mission - Sergio being able to be baptized and Leonardo being able to do a baptism. Though my heart hurt so deeply because I couldn`t be there, and because they felt bad that I didn`t go. I cried a lot. A lot a lot, but I am incredibly happy for them and touched and overwhelmed with gratitude.

....My other news is that I have left Guadalupe this morning. I don`t think it has sunk in quite yet. I hate, but absolutely HATE saying goodbye. I actually only said goodbye to a couple people because it`s a terrible feeling. Instead I just left letters. Though last night we had one more lesson with Karina y Pablito. I was so nervous telling them. Karina cried a lot, and that was painful. Right when we got up to go, Pablito ran upstairs and came down again with his stuffed fozzy bear and gave it to me. That was even more painful. Then he gave me a hug (shhh, don`t tell anyone).... I don`t remember anyone telling me about this part of the mission. Leaving people that you love so much. Or maybe they did but I don`t think I believed it could be so bitter-sweet. Wow. I`m all choked up right now writing about this.

Well, if you were wondering I am in Rancagua now. In an area called Villa Teniente. It`s PURE APARTMENTS. I don`t know anything about the area or the ward yet, but I hear it`s a good one. There are a lot of people. My companion is Hna. Motta. She is from Peru. I`m excited, but kind of nervous. Presidente only puts companion with Hna. Motta when he trusts them a lot. I guess it`s been hard for her to work hard and be obedient, but I know this transfer will be a good one. I am just going to love her a lot :) Also, we`re sharing the area with the assistants to the president. I`m a little nervous about that one too... I really can`t mess up now!! (jk...hopefully...) Anyway it`s kind of nice to be in the main stream of things again (being in Rancagua).

Well, I think that`s about it for now. Everyone tells us here that there is a whole load of snow in the USA. Is there snow there? It`s still hot here.

Okay, I love you so much, thank you for everything. Be good!!!

!CHAAOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hna. Alison Jones

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.