Monday, January 18, 2010

Pablito and Karina Update...

¡Hola hola hola!

Alrighty Pablito and Karina are doing SO WELL!! It was the cutest thing ever when we went to visit them a couple days after their baptism and confirmation. Turns out Pablito has a terrible fear of the dark and of being alone. He can`t sleep alone, and he can`t go up the stairs alone, but always ALWAYS has to be with someone. Well, the night after their confirmation he and Karina read the scriptures before bed and then Pablito said that he was going to go and sleep by himself. He said that he could do it now because he had the holy ghost their to protect and comfort him and that he wasn`t actually alone. How awesome is that!?? He has slept alone ever since  It is very special to listen to him and his testimony. We were talking about Christ and he said out of nowhere ¨I can`t wait until Jesus Christ comes again¨ I asked him why, and he said that he want`s to see him and be with him (physically). It was very touching.

We have started teaching a couple of brothers named Manuel (he`s 24 years old) and Victor (he`s 21). They both are very interested in the message and want to be baptized!! It`s awesome because they both are kind of like ¨cool guys¨ big and muscley and Manuel`s arm is covered in tatoos. But they are like humble little children when they listen, with lots of sincere questions. It`s hard to find them both together though. The other day we had a lesson with Manuel and the ward missionary Alex came with us (he`s a recent convert of about 8 months). We read 3 Nefi 11:14-15 with him, and talked about how Christ wants us all to come unto him, and how he loves everyone of us and that we too can come unto him, and ¨touch¨ his hands and come to KNOW him. We talked very shortly about this and then asked Alex to share his testimony of Christ. When the missionaries (Hna. Alvarenga was one of them!) found Alex, he didn`t believe in Christ or God. And wasn`t a very pleasant person (as he says). But obviously he has had a mighty change of heart. Alex testified to Manuel a simple but powerful testimony of Christ and the power to change through him. I felt the spirit so strong. We confirmed his desires to be baptized and Manuel answered with a definite ¨Sͨ.

We are also teaching Oscar. He is very special and is bursting with excitement about his baptism this weekend. ....

Did I mention that is is HOT here?? Well, it is. I actually don`t think it has gotten much hotter than 90 degrees, but the HUMIDY is killing me. The air feels so THICK. I often think it would be more efficient to make swimming strokes with my arms as I`m walking. Or maybe not. People would look at me funny. But they already do look at us funny so.... Okay, okay, so maybe I`m being a little dramatic. But I feel like I`ve been pretty good at not complaining too much this summer (It`s summer here!). I won`t complain about the heat for a while now ;)

Today we are going with the other Hermanas to ROME!! There`s a small pueblo in their area called ¨ROMA¨ and supposedly it`s really beautiful. So we`re going to go and have a picnic. Right on, dude.

After arriving home last night and planning Hna. Olson shouted ¨It`s FRIDAY NIGHT, WOO!!!¨ Because as a missionary ya work all hard up until Sunday night and the following day is like Saturday because it`s P DAY. It was funny. Though we don`t seem to party like Friday nighters. I made no-bake cookies and we went straight to bed (exhausted).

Wow crazy, huh? I didn`t know they sent flight itinerarys so early. But I guess that`s pretty cool, huh? Thanks to you both for sending me emails. I love hearing from you. I feel your love for the Lord and for Me. I love my family so much. I love you mom and dad so much. I truly couldn`t ask for better parents. And brothers and sisters (even though they don`t really write me...I know, wo is me, huh?) Nah, truth is I am exceedingly happy. I am loving life in the mission, even if it has thrown me a few lemons :P

Ok, mucho amor les mando. !Hasta la proxima semana!

CHAOOOOO!!!!!

No comments: