Monday, January 4, 2010

Feliz año nuevo‏

When the time comes I am going to miss these people. I will have to live it up good right now because I only have this transfer left here in guadalupe before they change me again. And time goes by so fast. I am still so excited for Pablito and Karina. They are more excited than ever too! She had a few problems with the word of wisdom, but she has been living it faithfully for a while now! Woohoo! So they are doing well. They will be bapized this Saturday. Hna. Olson and I are trying to find more people. We have found quite a few people that are really great, receptive but in the end it seems like they all have to leave on vacation for 2 months or work every day and don`t have much time, so that`s been a little difficult but we`re still workin hard!

I mentioned that we were going to have two elders in our area now. They are both from the USA. They are good workers. We started this week all excited about the changes. Though the truth is, this week has been...interesting... I think one of the elders ( who is also our district leader) has had bad experiences with Sister missionaries before or something like that becuase it feels a lot like he sees things as a competition...who can find more, has more success. We haven`t felt a lot of unity. It`s weird. I shared an area in Machalí and Graneros wih sisters and not once we felt the need to compete. We felt a lot of support from the other sisters actually. Who knows. We`ll just have to show him that sister missionaries are not all that bad after all...whaddayathink?

Some REALLY happy news... Fransisco, who was baptized in November was just called as ward secretary. It`s happy because Fransisco is perfect for this calling and to serve. He is nervous, but really excited for his call too. I love hearing him share his testimony with investigators or in lessons. He can`t describe the change and joy he has felt since his baptism just a month and a half ago. It`s sa-weet!

I had a good new year. We (Hna. Black, Pastrana, Olson and I) ate lots of food, played ¨UNO¨ and stayed up until 12 (woohoo!) to celebrate. The next day we had an activiy just like the christmas activity with our zone and played water balloon vollyball. Because it`s hot here....not like there....

No comments: