Monday, July 6, 2009

Yocelin

Flamilia

Thanks for your email, Dad… sorry you had to go through all that just to get an email out before I check my email. I love you so much! Reading what you said about Mom and Erik and then that experience with Erik made my heart swell with such emotion and love for Him and my whole family. Although I´m about as far away as away can get (which really is far, I just discovered yesterday that the star constellation ¨Orian¨ is upside down), I love you as though I was right there, or…something like that, but the point is my love for my family has only grown!!

The weather here in Chile, or at least in the Rancagua region is really confused. One day it will be freezing cold, it pours rain all day and it seems like the whole world is coming to an end, and the very next day it´s blue skies and feels like early spring… I´ve heard some people say it´s a sign of the times…

I feel like all the hard word in Machalí is paying off here in Graneros! We were blessed enough to see another person baptized last week! Her name is Yocelin and has 11 years. I love her so much! I don´t think I´ve ever met an 11 year old with so much wisdom and understanding of spiritual things. She has such a sincere heart. At her baptism she shared her feelings in the chapel and described her baptism as something very special, that she felt something very special but couldn´t describe her feeling exactly. And yesterday she was confirmed with the Spirit. Her parents are very supportive and want to be baptized too. They come to church every week but they need to get married and Juan (the dad) still doesn´t want to get married for some reason he always says ¨más adelante.¨ meh. But they are well. Also Yéssica and Leonardo are doing great, Leonardo received the priesthood yesterday. They are very happy and it makes me happy.

During the week we made no-bake cookies and we gave some to their family. Kata kind of poked the cookies around because I guess they don´t look very appetizing but when she finally tried it she couldn´t stop talking about them. They want to have a family night to teach them how to make no-bakes…haha… at least the one thing I know how to make without an oven are making it big here in Chile.

Also something really neat…The other hermanas are teaching a family but are not married. The mom wants to get baptized and I guess she´s been going to church for about 6 months now, but her husband still doesn´t want to get married (it´s a problem here). But Lea is very patient and knows that one day she´ll be able to be baptized. Yesterday during the testimony meeting Lea got up and bore a simple testimony of Christ all the while with a huge smile on her face. She has the most beautiful smile and it was so touching to hear her feelings for the Gospel. I feel so blessed to be able to experience these things so simple but so significant and building.

Hna. Descalzo leaves this Sunday for her home . I am really nervous for the transfer. There has been this terrible rumor going around that I will be training a newbie next week. Now don´t get me wrong, training isn´t bad. It´s good. But it´s better when you have more time in the mission and feel better about your Spanish. Oye, I´m really hoping it´s just a rumor. I think I´ll be ready to train in about November or December.

Welp,

!Chao!

No comments: