Monday, July 20, 2009

She's here!!!

¡¡¡It´s a CALIFORNIAN!!!

Yes, I am a mother. She´s a healthy little blonde with much enthusiasm for the work of the Lord. I almost wanted the sister from columbia for my companion just so I could say I have a Columbian baby...ha.... But really I am very happy with my new compaion. Her name is Hermana Black and she´s from San Jose California. She is so sweet and has this angleic little voice and a pleasant way of teaching. And she speaks a good amount of spanish. It´s just hard for her to understand, as it is hard for any gringo whether they speak spanish or not. It reminds me of my first days when we walk out of a lesson and she tells me she didn´t understand a darn thing. But just like I mastered early on the art of laughing and nodding at the appropriate times, she also does well with this. I definitely feel a greater responsibilty being a trainer, but Hna. Black is pretty awes, and love her and I know we will have a good 3 months together.

I really feel happy in the mission. It seems like with every transfer, or compaion or maybe just with time I feel happier and more and more enthused to do the work. I feel very much that my savior loves me, that I have a purpose in life and He wants me to be happy. I can see that in the people here too. It makes me sad when people don´t feel loved and don´t think that there is much hope left in the world, because that clearly is not the case. Obedience is the key. When we find people that are unhappy it is always because there is disobedience to God´s commandments. If we obey, we´re happy. The concept is simple. I love the parable in John 15 ... Jesus talkes about how he is the vine and we are the branches. We can not live with him, we are nothing, we are dead without him. But he pleads with us to stay with him, and the way to stay with him and in his love is by obeying his commandments. There´s a lot more that someone could pull out of this parable, so read it, it´s good.

We´ve been lucky enough to have relativley pleasant weather thus far, but it sounds like we´re going to see a lot of rain this week :P We keep finding really good people, but then something happens and they aren´t home or are busy... But we keep working the same and are hoping to see some progress in a few of them.

Sounds like you guys are having a good summer. Is it really July? How weird. I am doing the right things to keep warm, don´t worry. I´ve got this water heating pad thingy and I put it in my bed at night and it´s like a little space heater for my blankets. It´s cozy warm...who needs in-door heating anyway ? My prayers are with Grandma and Grandpa. I hope they can both find the relief they need.

Thanks for everything.

I love you all dearly!!!

No comments: