Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So we got to talk to Al this morning. She actually called yesterday with instructions to call her this morning at 8:00 (noon her time). She gave us a phone number and told us what to say to the lady who answers the phone, who doesn't speak english. I said, "Hablo con Hermana Kety?" (I'm sure I sounded like a stupid gringo trying to speak spanish). The idea was to make sure I had the right phone number so I can call her back today. The lady was supposed to say either "si", or "no". Instead she said something I couldn't begin to understand so I repeated myself... pause... I said, "Si?". She said something I didn't understand, then said "Si". So we called back this morning right at 8:00 and Alison actually answered the phone. So it was the right phone number, and we all had a very nice visit with our girl! Cali, Geoff, Erik, Danielle, dad and I were all able to talk to her for about an hour. So our Christmas started off great! It's amazing how well the reception was. Sounded like she was right next door. She seemed happy but a little frustrated with the language. It's only been 10 days in Chile so she needs to give it time. It'll come.

She said her mail will come to the mission home and she gets it every 6 weeks or so. But e-mail, she should be able to check it once a week at an internet cafe. If anyone would like to contact her, her e-mail is:

alisonjones@myldsmail.net

Write! Write! Write! She would love to hear from you!!

No comments: