Tuesday, December 9, 2008

gah! I just wrote a whole bunch but this crazy computer froze and I lost it all... and it used up a good amount of time, so I'll just be sure to write you letters with everything I wanted to say... Instead I'll just give you my flight plans for now... So Monday is the big day! My flight takes off at 1:55 pm...which means sometime before that I can call you and dad! (if you want me to :) AND if we have time. I really hope we can find time to call, I'm sure it will all work out) But that also means I will need your cell phone numbers because I don't remember them. And a calling card? I'm sure you already know this though. But I am very excited about this! We will arrive in Georgia at about 5:30 ish our time. And then a couple hours later we'll take off to Chile for an 11 and a half hour flight...ugh. That's a long time. Plenty of time to ponder and pray about how everythings going to go down in a foreign country... I can't really believe it. I have tried to picture what exactly will go down, but I have come to the conclusion that I have absolutley no idea what it will be like (being in Chile, being a missionary). How can one accurately anticipate something they've never experienced? So instead I just don't. Yes, of course I'm still excited. I just don't know what or how I am going to do what I'm about to do. But I will go and do, and it will all work out because the Lord provides a way and He knows I can do this.

Just so you know Flam, I recieved your packages, mail, and goodies! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I feel like a little bum for giving ya'll a hard time for not getting any mail for a while... If only I had known Dad just doesn't know the difference between Chile and Provo I probably wouldn't have said anything. Haha, that is so funny Dad... It will be a pleasant surprise to get your mail in a week when I'm down there! Sorry though, I can see how it would be confusing since the pouch mail address is to SLC, not Chile. My time is nearly up, So I will just be writing you letters later today and you'll get them in a few days I guess.

I LOVE you LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU ALL! Excited to call on Monday. Make sure you answer your phone :)

Mom, don't try anything sneaky, okay? ;) I love you!

1 comment:

Billy said...

Alison....we hope you're doing well. Your folks told us you're flying out this week. We just want you to know that we pray for you, and that we love you.

God's speed...

Bill & Karen