Friday, September 5, 2008

Dear Sister Jones

When I'm on a mission, I'm going to want letters. But I've been feeling guilty, and can't really expect much, because for most of my friends on missions, I was kind of a poopy writer. What goes around, comes around, right?

But In my efforts to fall asleep last night I devised a plan. It goes like this. If y'all come listen to me "blah, blah, blah," in church (my bishop hasn't said anything about it, hopefully he forgot!), I'll have self-addressed, pre-stamped envelopes handed out. Now, stamping and addressing shouldn't be the hard part, so I'm working on some kind of MAD-LIBesque template where you can fill in the blanks and it turns out to be a letter...to me. It will go something like this:

Dear Sister Jones,

How are you? I am doing ________ (adjective). Yesterday, I went to______(noun) and visited my_______(noun/proper noun) .....you get the picture

See? Easy cakes. It could take a matter of seconds, and it doesn't even have to make sense; any letter will suffice.

What thinkest thou?

4 comments:

kenna said...

MAD LIBS.

Writing you is going to be a piece of cake.

Jessie said...

hahaha. I promise to write you!

Jess Gonzales said...

i think that's fantastic! maybe I will just put in my trash for the week in an envelope, that will tell you all that I've done!

Kirsten said...

count me in!