Thursday, May 29, 2008

Moab, Utah

Over Memorial Day weekend, some friends and I decided to take a little trip to Mo-to-the-ab (thanks, Michelle), Utah. We didn't have jeeps, ATV's, or mountain bikes, but we did have ourselves, and that's ALL that's needed when you want to have a splendid time! It's not cheesy to say that, but true!! I had a blast.

Here's the crew:

There's the view:This is dead horse point (above picture). Someone told us that way back in the day the indians and cowboys would run all the wild horses that ate their crops off this cliff. I believed it. Then I read the tourist signs and it said that they would herd the horses to the point of the cliff and then block the way back. The horses only had one way to go (over the edge), but I don't think many of them did. Instead they starved to death. Sad.


Of course I siezed the opportunity to pose for a sweet picture (that's Tyson and Chris peeking out).

Though it doesn't look like it, we're really high up. Spoo-ooky!


We're kind of a posey bunch. Just for the record, that is not an exotic bird flying behind my head, it's my hair. The wind decided to blow.


Check it out.




That's us on the left.





*Sigh* She's a looker (all of Southern Utah's red rocks). We camped at slick rock campground, or something like that I don't remember the name. We didn't get there till friday noonish and by the time we did, all the good camping places were taken. But we drove around for a while in search of a good spot and found some seriously bomb places that would be pimp to camp at ("pimp" as I'm sure you knew, means "sweet". My vocab seems to change the more I hang out with troubled youth).
Chris, our amazing driver downer to Moaber got pulled just as soon as we got to Moab area for going 80mph in 75.
Chris: "What's the problem, officer?"
Nice Officer: " I was going 78 and you passed me."
Chris: "At 80?"
Nice Officer: "Yeah, you were just daring me to pull you over!"
We really weren't taunting the cop. We were just trying to get somewhere. Someone must have peed in his cheerios that morning. He straight up had serious attitude. But after the tension in the car cooled down enough to converse, Chris decided he wanted to fight it in court so we are going to come camping again so it'll be worth the trip down. And we're going to try to get in on those pimp sites we saw, I'm excited!
P.S. Can someone help me?? I can't figure out how to post the pictures so you can click on them and make them bigger. I'm retarded when it comes to this. Also, everytime I click "publish post" it deletes the spaces between paragraphs that I just made. it's. getting. annoying.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Cool pictures. I don't know how to help you with your problem though.

Continue onward with your slang.

Kirsten said...

awesome pics! beautiful for sure!

Anonymous said...

you "seized" the opportunity.