Monday, May 12, 2008

Better get those bunions removed...

So remember when I thought I wasn't going to live past the age of 20 in my last post because I had to work at the "ranch"? Turns out I'm still alive. Not because it turned out easier than I thought, but because I don't have to work there at all! Woot! I still seem to get busier in the office each day, but since that burden has been lifted I feel about 482 lbs lighter. My boss (and angel), Vicki, decided that she wanted me to stay and focus my time up North, instead of going down there twice a week. Also, the ranch people decided it would be a good idea if I bailed on them now instead of bail of them 3 months from now. Why, you ask (you're all thinking "I didn't ask")? Because today I filled out all the online forms to go on a mission.

Yessirree, I have (officially) decided that I'm going to teach, and preach, and work like missionaries do.

I know, I'm moving forward with it. Weird, thinks me. Before it was all talk; now it's all talk and a little bit of action. This morning I rolled out of bed at ooooh 9:15 a.m.. And I tell you what, it was painful. What time is it again that missionaries are supposed to wake up?! Maybe I should practice early rising since I've got a few months...

11 comments:

Cali said...

Heck, forget rising early, enjoy sleeping in while you can! I'm proud and excited for you. I'm also sad that I won't have anyone to talk about clothes and hair and boys or go shopping or work out with for 18 months... BUT... it's okay I'm still happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Early to bed.... early to rise... makes a missionary healthy, wealthy...well, maybe not wealthy... but wise! This will be so good for you Al, and you'll be the BEST missionary!

Chris said...

Congrats on the decision, Ali.

The hardest part for me wasn't getting up early, it was going to bed early.

Kirsten said...

good news! I'm glad you went forward with it!! Can we have a party or something? I haven't seen you in too long.

Jess Gonzales said...

so 482 lbs lighter?! There will surely be a need for some surgery to fix that up, but congrats on the weight loss! I request a before and after shot, in a bikini!
I'm super super excited for you al!

Jenn said...

omgoodness Ali!!! I'm so excited for you!!! yay! I think that's smart to start training your body to get up early. It sure takes a long time for your body to start making that change! That's what I've been doing lately, I use to go to bed about 2:00 cause I worked until 1:00 am but now my schedule is different and so changing to get up at 7:00 is sure painful, but I've been trying for a few months and i'm still having tough times getting up...

Anonymous said...

do it! do it!

Kylee said...

yay!

you will be sooo good.

my little alison is all growed up on goin on a mishun.
crazies.

I know, I know, it's a lot to ask for, but I hope you will at least say goodbye to me before you leave.

:D

Anonymous said...

hurry up and go.
Dad

Aaron said...

Way to go! Missions are great, kinda like the Lakers :-)

kenna said...

Holy shiz kiddo, you are popular!

I did take that pic. All the pics I post for wordless wednesdays will be my own pics. How the hell are you anyway?