Monday, September 7, 2009

The "downs" get lower, but the "ups" get HIGHER...

We've taken some ¨hits¨ lately and they have been kind of stinky… As time goes by it seems like the ¨downs¨ somtimes get lower, but the ¨ups¨ by far have gotten even HIGHER. This week I have felt so touched by the spirit, but from things that would be considered so small and insignificant to others. By the simple acts or testimonies of the members or the sincerity of an investigator in their search to feel complete in the Love of Christ. I have felt very strengthened in my testimony of Christ and his love for me and for others. I really can`t begin to understand it all, but I have at least felt it, and seen it manifest in others. I have also felt a very strong convicion that these things are true. I have always known it, I have felt it, but just yesterday as I was sitting in the testimony meeting listening to these people testify of the simple truths, I knew it is true all over again. Few times have I felt so strongly that this IS the church of Christ. That I`m not just doing something good, or even something right, but that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the things we teach, are TRUE.

Remember Mercedes?? She`s had a lot of complications with her health, but she is moving forward and is excited to be baptized (it should be this weekend if she doesn`t get sick again). She was able to go to church yesterday and even bore her testimony!! It was awesome, but kind of funny too… her testimony had a very ¨Evangelical¨ swing on it because she kept saying ¨señor, SEÑOR!¨ in her testimony. Hehe. But I couldn`t stop grinning, she makes me so happy.

Also, SERGIO and ILDA are doing SO WELL!! In the beginning, Ilda didn`t want to get married even if Sergio could get his divorce, but she has had such a change of heart and now says that she will get married. She even went to church and liked it. Sergio has an appointment with a Lawyer today para averiguar como puede tener su divorcio. WHOOHOOO!!!

So a couple weeks ago it was really hot here (during the day). There was a lot of sun, I even left the house with a short sleeve shirt a couple times and everyone thought that summer was just about here, but it looks like the weather was just playing dirty tricks on us because the clouds and rain have made encoré entrance. Winter is still definitely here. I have officially had 3 umbrellas die on me. I will have to show you the picture of how my last umbrella died next week (I don`t have all the means right now to send pictures again).

If there is ever a break in the rain all the kids are outside flying kites. It`s such the ¨hip¨ thing to do here. Though the kites are really different. The barrel of string is like 20 times bigger, and they are made to put your entire hand inside so you can move it around and do funky tricks with the kites. It remindes me of when the ¨yo-yo¨ fad went down when I had about 11 years. Or when I was 11 years old (same thing, Stewart). But even the ¨cool kids¨fly their kites, it´s awesome.

No comments: