Monday, September 28, 2009

Cristina

Hola!!!

Spanks a million for your sweet sweet emails!! I weawe wuv wu gwuys…

That`s pretty awes that you could see a little bit of Chilean culture with that program. It`s true about the vineyards! There are a lot, and they're huge!! I am getting really excited for the summer because that`s when they start selling grapes again and the grapes are incredible (and ginormous!). Dad, I am sad to say but I don`t think I`ll be able to go to the seaside during the mission… There is only one sector on the shore and there are only elders over there  But I`m right tucked up in/near the mountains, so I get the best of the other world . The rainy days are getting farther and fewer between and the sun is showing itself more. I have a very VERY faint but noticeable watch tan line. Muahaha...let the farmers tan begin!!

I`ll start with last week (since I wasn`t able to send the email with last weeks events)

Cristina got baptized!!! It was so awesome! But a bit crazy too…okay, it was REALLY crazy. Remember how I`ve mentioned how our baptismal font is super fome (dumb)? Well, it did the dumbest of all dumb things for her baptism. Someone went about 3 hours earlier to fill the font. We got there about a half hour early to check on everything and all was well. The font was filled and even a little warm. So we went to work for a minute. But when we came back at the hour of her baptism we went and checked on the font. The scene, when I looked down in the font, was worse than the scene of a horror movie because it had completely drained. THE FONT DRAINED ITSELF!! (we still don`t know how it happened) I am sure my face warped in terror and panic because the bishop just kept saying ``Don`t worry, don`t worry`` as he ran around the corner with the fire hose. Yes, the fire hose. So we ended up blasting the ICE cold water and filling the font in less than a half hour. I was so worried for Cristina, but she said that she didn`t even feel cold even though our bishop who baptized her was shaking like a dog! She was so happy and it was very special!

Mercedes was confirmed this last Sunday too. Since her confirmation her countanence has changed 100 percent. Before she was often very sad and depressed but now she walks around with a new bounce in her step. Her family says it`s like she`s glowing  Mercedes told us she is `contentisima` that she got baptized. I love her so much and she makes me so happy! It is amazing to see the changes that gospel of Jesucristo brings into the lives of people. It`s really incredible. But the trial is, she still has her many health problems. Yesterday we had quite the big scare. In church after the sacrament meeting I went over to accompany her to the next class and she stood up but said she didn`t feel well and passed out in my arms. It was terrifying, but luckly there were a ton of people there and they all ran to help. They quickly took her to the hospital and there they gave her something to help. She is going to Santiago today to do more tests. She gets tests taken like every week to figure out what exactly is wrong and what they can do, but no one seems to have the answers. We talked to her yesterday in the night and aside from the scare, she was doing very well and had a lot of animo (I can`t think of a better word in English). And she only asked for our prayers. I love her so much and I feel so bad when she is sick, but she seems to be handling things better than she ever did before.

We`re also teaching another family, Gayardo Navarro and they are so incredible!

So the Chileano independence day came and went. They are crazy about it and decorate entire streets with streamers and balloons. The missionaries had p-day that day and our zone decided to celebrate Chile`s independence playing PAINTBALL! It was awesome, and I still have a couple fading bruises...

But everything is well. I love you all so much!!

CHAO!

1 comment:

Rory said...

Animo = zeal? I don't know a good one either.