Monday, May 4, 2009

Starting to get colder here. Glad I brought the fuzzy slippers!!!

Okay, I´m going to start with the good news… Hna. Muñoz and I are going to have 2 baptisms on the 17th!!! Whooohooo! Daniel and Ester. They are a brother and sister. Daniel is 26 years and Ester is 22 and they are so excited for their baptism!! Daniel says that he´s actually been looking for the truth, but never felt good about all the other religions that he´s tried out. But he said that when he read from the Book of Mormon, things just made sense. It´s interesting to hear what people have to say about the BoM when they had never been introduced to it before. He said that he has never found anything that explained so clearly the doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ and outlined so simply what we need to do to be cleansed from sin so we can have eternal life. We´ve only been teaching them for a little over a week but he says that nobody could take away from him what he´s learned about the plan Heavenly Father has for us. Ester is pretty awesome too. She´s had a pretty rough past and is ready to start new. She´s had to quit smoking and she says it´s been relatively easy to stop because every time she has desires to smoke she picks up the BoM or says a prayer. Awesome, huh?

We´ve had a pretty great couple weeks. Some neat experiences with fasting too. We´ve had kind of a drought in Machalí, so we decided to do a fast together to find someone that could get baptized. It was the very next day of our fast that we Daniel and Ester told us they wanted to be baptized. And then the beginning of this week it was going a bit slow. We fasted for the fast Sunday (yesterday) and we did it with the purpose to find new people…since we hadn´t found many during the week. And yesterday we found 9 new people in different homes and taught them. Cool huh? I know the numbers don´t matter, but it was a testimony builder to me that when we fast Heavenly Father really does bless us.

We´re still working with Juan Carlos. He struggles with the whole smoking thing. Does well for a couple days, but then gets nervous at work and smokes… He may need a lot more time, but we´re not going to stop teaching him, he is a very special person.

So it has come. The dreaded cold weather. Dad… Remember that Christmas like 5 years ago and you bought everyone fuzzy lounge robes to wear around the house? Well, I didn´t ever wear it, but I brought it here on the mission and when we´re inside the house I live in that thing. And also those fuzzy boot slippers you bought me. That was a really smart move. So thanks! And yesterday it rained for the first time. It was a terrible rain, and still it isn´t super cold, but it will get there…

Comment and question answering time:

My companion and I get along great. I´ve been really blessed up until now. She´s super patient and a good teacher and helps me out a lot with my Spanish and teaching skills.

No, we don´t drive cars here, just walk. Walk walk walk walkwalksalkdfsdaklfjksaf. Lots of walking. I´m surprised people gain weight here, but they do. Lots of it. Hna. Alvaregna has gained 30 pounds and has only been in the mission 8 months. I don´t think I´ve gained anything because my undies still fit me. But, who knows.

THANKS FOR THE PACKAGE!!! I got it today. It made me super happy. That other video seems pretty great to use, so thanks for thinking of that.

I know the Savior loves us and has overcome the world for us. Thank you foryour testimony of him and his love. It really strengthens me.

I love you family so much. I love you with all my heart, and always pray that you´re happy and healthy.

But I have a question real quick… did Jessica Waite ever come home from her mission? Also, how are those oranges in California, Chris?

Okay, that´s all for now. I think.

Chao!

1 comment:

Rory said...

Sounds like you're having an amazing time. Keep the faith! Sea audaz! Estamos orando siempre de parte de ti, esparamos que estas feliz predican el evangelio del Senor. Paz afuera compa!