Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

Hola!

Conference weekend passed…I absolutely loved it. I always like conference, but it was about 100 times cooler being here in Chile and listening to it (Jessie, I saw your mom and thought about you!!!). First of all, it was cool because in the stake center they had set apart a "gringo room¨ where all the gringo missionaries ate candy, talked in English, and watched conference in English. But the coolest part was that 3 of our investigators came with us to watch :)This is happy because it´s about an hours travel to the stake center. That was very exciting. Recently we´ve set a baptismal date for a girl named Camilla. She is 13 years old, but seems like she is a lot older. She has a good mind and is a very noble person, with really good values. She´s wonderful, and has a great desire to learn. She is living here in Machalí with her Aunt for various reasons, but she hasn´t gotten permission from her parents yet. Juan Carlos should be getting baptized this weekend. I think I will burst with happiness and excitement to see him take this step! He is very excited, and it´s incredible to see him and his testimony of Jesus Christ grow. I really love our investigators. A lot of time I wish I could express my feelings of admiration for them and what they are doing and my love for the Savior better. My Spanish skills and ability to do just that are growing, but I still have such a long way to go!

My companion and I are learning a lot from each other, about the missionary work, and about being a good person in general. I´m really grateful to be with my companion. Turns out that this change 5 sisters are leaving home and we´re only getting 2 more, so they will be taking out one of the Machalí sectors. This means that there will only be two sisters in Machalí as of 2 more weeks. We will be combining the investigators in one sector. This is….not the best news in the world, but I think it´ll be good. We´ll be doing a lot of divisions this week so that we can all get to know one another's investigators. Nobody (like always) knows what´s going to happen, who´s going to leave….but by process of elimination, we´ve figured out either Hna. Olson (my companion from the MTC) or I will be the ones staying in Machalí holding down the fort with a new companion. I don´t know why, but I´m already nervous!

Mom, Yes, they are still shoving greasy stuffs down me. We get fed for lunch by the members and it´s a lot of food. I don´t have any recipes written down. Mostly all I need to do to make Chileano food is to cook a bunch of stuff like fried meat and rice and noodles and tomatoes and throw it all together on a plate and put spaghetti sauce and olive oil on top. There. That´s about what the food is like. Oh, and lots of bread. Though it can be tasty. I´m not ungrateful.

I think the flea and lice problem of our companion has been taken care of. They have good shampoo for that stuff here.

Thanks for sending me a package! I´m excited. I hope the vitamins wont be a problem. Did you find out if it would be okay to send them? Oh, so ya know…because of daylight savings time and because I´m on the other hemisphere of the world, now we´re only two hours difference…just so ya know.

I love you so much, I´ll talk to you later. Time. Up.

Chao.

No comments: