Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Independencia... I'm a legal citizen now!

Juan Carlos didn´t get baptized. He keeps smoking. But he promises this time he´ll stop. The wife of the family we met last week called us before our appointment and told us that she´d been talking with her pastor and after talking to him she felt like she was sinning to listen to us and asked if we wouldn´t come back. And Roberto (the super promising dad) just hasn´t been in his appointments. Blek. BUT we found another family that seems even MORE promising than the other. And we ended up finally finding RITA the other day. I was so happy to see her again. Turns out just about her whole world is falling in on her right now, so she´s had so many difficulties lately, but wants to continue, but much slower this time. I sure hope so. I know planting gospel seeds is great and all, but sometimes I would like to reap the harvest too, ya know?? But we´re working on it. We found more people this last week than we have in a LONG time, so we´re excited to work with them.

This week we had to go to Santiago to get my visa. It was quite the adventure/process to become legal. Santiago is huge! There are a lot of people. I really enjoyed watching the people voluntarily mash themselves in the metro tren. I enjoyed it so much, I tried taking a picture. I thought I had taken off the flash so the people wouldn´t notice, but it turns out the flash was on and I got a couple of unwanted looks and I felt a little foolish…but hey, I got the picture.

I love being here, it´s a pretty great feeling to share a testimony of Christ and his gospel!

No comments: