Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Okay, can I just say really quick that I hate this e-mail thing? The second I sign in the clock starts ticking and it ends up stressing me out more than teaching at the TRC! (not really, but almost). There's so much I want to say! I've learned a lot this week. A lot of spanish, a lot about my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm sorry to have been such a complainer in previous letters, yeah, this is hard, but so what? It's the least I can do in return for what the Lord has done for me. I have such a unique and incredible opportunity to be on a mission and to Serve. Not everybody gets this, and I really want to make the best I can of it. I feel good when I end a day knowing I worked my hardest. The MTC is a great experience, and I am greatful for the things I've learned so far.

As for my spanish...It's coming along. I don't think I really notice the growth until someone will say something. Yesterday during our (2nd!!!) lesson in spanish at the TRC, my teacher came in the room to evaluate. After the lesson, he gives us feedback. He said something like this (in spanish): "Your spanish is really improving, when I was listening to you, I thought, "Is that really Sister Jones teaching?!" It definitely wasn't great spanish, it was just an improvement I guess. It was funny he was so shocked because he knows how much I've been struggling with it. Obviously I still have so far to go, it was just good to know that I'm actually picking a few things up. Can you believe it?? 3 weeks left. We're the old ones in our Zone now...WEIRD!!

I don't think I have mentioned in my other emails about the sweet devotionals we have here every week. Last week Jeffrey R. Holland came and spoke to us,]. Every word he said was incredible and directly from the Lord. It is incredible to know that we have prophets and apostles on the earth that guide us. I am so greatful for the comfort of my Heavenly Father. Sometimes when it is hard, all I want is for my mom or dad to hold me and tell me it will be okay. But the incredible thing is my Heavenly Father can and does do that for me everyday when I pray to him. I am so greatful for prayer. I am greatful for my knowledge of the gospel and it makes me excited to get to Chile. On Thanksgiving we are having a big service project for the humanitarian stuff and we will be having a devotional by a general authority. I am very excited :)

Okay, I have to tell you really quick about what happened on Sunday... So there I was, walking past an enormous line of people headed for my seat in the cafeteria. I was carrying my tray full of food when I passed the Natives that we teach every week. We said hello and then all of a sudden there happened to be a puddle of water right in my line of direction. Before I knew it, eveything was in slow motion and I remember thinking as my body fell to the floor, "this can not be happening to me." Yes, I crashed, and I crashed good. Food went flying, so did I, and so did the heads of about 50 or so people fly in my direction. People flew to my aid, but all Icould do was laugh, I'm sure it looked awesome... There's more to the the story, but my time is nearly out.. BYE. LOVE YOU!

ps, I have a little bit of time to write letters on Thanksgiving, so hopefully I have time to do so family!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

No comments: