Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hola!

How did this happen? I'm closing in on an entire 4 weeks, and it feels likeI just got here... Time goes by super weird. Long days, but the weeks go so fast...

I don't know if I will be getting indiviudual family letters out this week, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much, for loving me and supporting me. I don't know if you realize how much I treasure Your words and encouragement and love. I think I mentioned this to Grandma (which by the way has been so fun to leave notes for her at the temple), but I just feel so overflowed with love for you, my family. It's sad to say but I don't know if I REALLY realized how much I love you. I knew it, I felt it, but I see now how much you love me and my heart is tender and full with love for all of you. Thank you for everything! And thanks for the sweet-a package. No, really, it was incredible. I doubt any other missionary in the MTC, or any other missionary who has been in the MTC has received a package quite as cool as the one I got. Okay, maybe there's been one, or even two lucky missionaries like me, but no more than that. Thank you for the dryer sheets (you wrapped them so nicely, mom!), thank you for the yummy cookies and candy, and most importantly thank you for the cell phone, 4 inch hoop earings, the batteries (they are used, aren't they?), ear plugs and 4 (or was it 5?) cinnamon tick tacks. All I can say is thank you (and that I got the biggest kick out of it, I couldn't stop laughing!). And it sounds like everyone is doing fun and good things. That's so crazy about Grandmas house! I'm so glad they're okay!

Alright, so in Rory's email, he said: "learning spanish blows." AMEN BROTHA. It is so hard! I think I forgot that learning a new language is challenging. But I am trying, and trying. I am sure I can try harder, so Iwill. I know I am not going to walk out of here fluent, because nobody does, but I would like to know more... 5 more weeks, that's a good amount of time to learn, right? But seriously, it's hard. I know though that Heavenly Father hasn't placed anything in my path that I can't do. Who He calls, He qualifies. I... just... need...to remember that!

Nanette left on her mission today. It will be sad not seeing her face around. She's been such a comfort to me! This past week has been really good one for my companion and I. We're learning a lot about how to work with each other and she's got a good balance of the strengths that helps me a lot.

An elder in my district commented on my face the other day. He said that it's funny. Yes, he did say that. He said that sometimes he'll look up and I'll have my "zone out" face (which I didn't know I had because I didn't THINK I was zoning out), which he says is hiliarous. Great.

As for the working out, remember how excited I was for it? I had even lost a few pounds since getting here, but last week I discovered the joys of 4-square and the game lightening basketball... Yeah, I think my workout schedule has changed, maybe for the worse in the health department... BUT I made it to KING SQUARE 2WICE!!

Well, I love everyone, I am so excited for the things I've learned so far, and for all the things I will learn. I'm excited to apply these things to help people come unto Christ! This work is incredible, I love it already and I know it will blow me away when I actually get to teach REAL people :)

LOVES LOVES LOOOOOOOOVE!!!!

It's kicking me off, BYE!

No comments: