Sunday, August 17, 2008

poll time

The other day I was with some friends and a Backstreet Boys song came on, and thus began the age-old discussion on which boy band was better. Backstreet Boys, or N'Sync?

My days of pre-teendom were joyously filled with both, but I do have a preference. A strong one in fact. But considering the importance of such a poll, I will not tell you, the readers, which band my heart belongs to. I do not want to sway any votes. This is a serious survey, please do not take it lightly.

10 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad "Neither" was an option because when I read that you asked the question which boy band was better, I answered aloud, "Neither."

Of course, being part of an older generation, as well as being male, probably increased my extreme dislike of boy bands.

elysehawks said...

Being part of the older generation has nothing to do with it because I come from that pre-historic time and still voted...for Backstreet Boys. Yes, it's true. Every now and I then I have to venture from my deeply rooted love for Death Cab and other various artists and bring out those middle/high school days of poppy boy bands. Yay!

Jessie said...

ahhhh the good old days when we would listen to Backstreet Boys and Nsync! I miss being roommates already :(

Anonymous said...

BSB!! "Millennium" was the ballad of my dearest 6th grade boyfriend Derek Doel and I. We even almost held hands once I think. (Remember HIM!)

Wasn't into Nsync at all, but if Justin would have brought sexy back earlier than he did...

Anonymous said...

I liked Menudo...

Billy said...

Best boy band? The Beatles. Case closed.

Cali said...

IT'S N*SYNC! Yayyyyy

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm surprised nobody chose tears for fears. Oh yeah, the beatles wasn't a "boy band"-- Yoko does look like a man, but she is a woman. sorry. (i'm kidding by btw)
And you left new kids on the block out. They were cool.

Anonymous said...

okay, tears for fears. two boys, in a band. boy band. i win. ha1 take that cali!

Alli said...

N'Sync all the way!!!