Monday, October 13, 2008

here's some incentive to write me

The day before the day before I leave on my mission has been filled with last minute shopping, friends, family, and PACKING. I've managed to fit way more stuff in two suitcases than I ever thought possible. Though I'm not so sure I'm meeting the weight limit... However, during my packing I realized I am going to want some kind of stationary, you know something to jazz up my letters a bit. As I rummaged through a drawer in the big kitchen cabinet thingy I fell across one of the most priceless items ever. My Lisa Frank sticker and stationary collection. Feelings of nostalgia welled up in my heart as I remembered my pre-teen years being somewhat infatuated with pen-pals and all the stationary that went with it. One of my most constant pen-pals would have to be my dear friend Kylee. No matter the stickers, glitter, or colored paper I sent her way, I always received something back that would amount be to greater than or equal to my letter's coolness. I think I can even remember receiving a letter on Trix the Rabbit stationary that had scratch and sniff fruit all over it. Conclusion: Scratch and sniff paper trumps all. This journey I am about to embark on, what is the mission, will most definitely not be without the Lisa Frank stationary and sticker collection. What would a letter be without dogs and giant strawberries, hugging penguins, and unicorns? No really, you tell me.

6 comments:

elysehawks said...

back home somewhere i still have a coloring tin with the hugging penguins...crazy. good luck alison you are going to do great! have fun! we will miss you!

Kristin said...

apparently the penguins were the most popular lisa frank item. I had a sand art penguin poster for a long LONG time. :) I LOVE lisa frank. There were going to be letters coming your way anyway, but now. ooomph. They'll be there. In a blow your mind fashion.

Anonymous said...

Ha, dang straight it was Trix Scratch n Sniff, PLUS it had my name printed on it! It was a neat present from Santa.
I still have all your old letters, most of them written on teddy bear stationary.
I think my favorite one is about how excited you were to do the macarena at school, or how you were listening to 94.9 ZHT. hahaha
I am going to miss you so much! I can't wait to relive the pen pal stage though, I'll b a good little writer.
If you could please send me updates on your birds and any new puppies, too, it might bring the nostalgia back a bit. :)

alison said...

haha! YES, I actually found the rest of the teddy bear stationary, There are still a few sheets left, I might save those for you... :)

Anonymous said...

comment2, asia argento nude, 7324, linda blair nude, vigpy, cynthia nixon nude, ivmxr, constance marie nude, dpe,

Anonymous said...

, roxanne pallett nude, 76979, radha mitchell nude, 877649, mia kirshner nude, 745622, sigourney weaver nude, :-]]],